I am a theoretical particle physicist primarily interested in models of dark matter and their experimental signatures. Although dark matter comprises nearly 85% of the matter in the Universe, its fundamental nature remains unknown. My research focuses on elucidating the particle and astrophysical nature of dark matter through its experimental signatures. For more information on current research activity, please visit the Lisanti group webpage.
Recent publications include:
- M. Lisanti, S. Mishra-Sharma, N. Rodd, and B. Safdi, "Mapping Extragalactic Dark Matter Annihilation with Galaxy Surveys: A Systematic Study of Stacked Group Searches," Phys. Rev. D97 (2018) 063005.
- M. Lisanti, S. Mishra-Sharma, N. Rodd, and B. Safdi, "A Search for Dark Matter Annihilation in Galaxy Groups," Phys. Rev. Lett. 120 (2018) 101101.
- Y. Hochberg, et al., "Detection of sub-MeV Dark Matter with Three-Dimensional Dirac Materials," Phys. Rev. D97 (2018) 015004.
- J. Herzog-Arbeitman, M. Lisanti, and L. Necib, "The Metal-Poor Stellar Halo in RAVE-TGAS and its Implications for the Velocity Distribution of Dark Matter," Submitted for Publication.
- T. Cohen, M. Lisanti, H. K. Lou, and S. Mishra-Sharma, "LHC Searches for Dark Sector Showers," JHEP 1711 (2017) 196.
- J. Herzog-Arbeitman, M. Lisanti, P. Madau and L. Necib, "Empirical Determination of Dark Matter Velocities using Metal-Poor Stars," Phys. Rev. Lett. 120 (2018) 041102.
- Y. Hochberg, Y. Kahn, M. Lisanti, C. Tully, and K. Zurek, "Directional Detection of Dark Matter with 2D Targets," Phys. Lett. B772 (2017) 239.
- M. Lisanti, S. Mishra-Sharma, L. Necib, and B. Safdi, "Deciphering Contributions to the Extragalactic Gamma-Ray Background from 2 GeV to 2 TeV, " Ap. J. 832 (2016) 117.
- M. Lisanti, "Lectures on Dark Matter Physics," TASI Proceedings.
- S. Lee, M. Lisanti, S. Mishra-Sharma, and B. Safdi, "Modulation Effects in Dark Matter-Electron Scattering Experiments," Phys. Rev. D92 (2015) 083517.
- S. Lee, M. Lisanti, B. Safdi, T. Slatyer, and W. Xue, "Evidence for Unresolved Gamma-Ray Point Sources in the Inner Galaxy," Phys. Rev. Lett. 116 (2016) 051103.
- T. Cohen, M. Lisanti, and H. K. Lou, "Semivisible Jets: Dark Matter Undercover at the LHC," Phys. Rev. Lett. 115 (2015) 171804.
- S. Lee, M. Lisanti, and B. Safdi, "Distinguishing Dark Matter from Unresolved Point Sources in the Inner Galaxy with Photon Statistics," JCAP 1505 (2015) 056.
- M. Lisanti, D. Spergel, and P. Madau, "Signatures of Kinematic Substructure in the Galactic Stellar Halo," Ap. J. 807 (2015) 14.
- M. Lisanti, B. Safdi, and C. Tully, "Measuring Anisotropies in the Cosmic Neutrino Background," Phys. Rev. D90 (2014) 073006.
- B. Safdi, M. Lisanti, J. Spitz, and J. Formaggio, "Annual Modulation of Cosmic Relic Neutrinos," Phys. Rev. D 90 (2014) 043001.
- T. Cohen M. Jankowiak, M. Lisanti, H. K. Lou, and J. Wacker, "Jet Substructure Templates: Data-driven QCD Backgrounds for Fat Jet Searches," JHEP 1405 (2014) 005.
- K. Blum, R. D'Agnolo, M. Lisanti, and B. Safdi, "Constraining Axion Dark Matter with Big Bang Nucleosynthesis," Phys. Lett. B737 (2014) 30.
S. Lee, M. Lisanti, A. Peter, and B. Safdi, "Effect of Gravitational Focusing on Annual Modulation in Dark-Matter Direct-Detection Experiments," Phys. Rev. Lett. 112 (2014) 011301.
S. Lee, M. Lisanti, and B. Safdi, "Dark-Matter Harmonics Beyond Annual Modulation," JCAP 1311 (2013) 033.
T. Cohen, M. Lisanti, A. Pierce, and T. Slatyer, "Wino Dark Matter Under Siege," JCAP 1310 (2013) 061.