I am a theoretical particle physicist primarily interested in models of dark matter and their experimental signatures. Although dark matter comprises nearly 85% of the matter in the Universe, its fundamental nature remains unknown. My research focuses on elucidating the particle and astrophysical nature of dark matter through its experimental signatures, focusing on data from the Large Hadron Collider, as well as direct and indirect detection experiments.
Visit the Lisanti group webpage for more information on current research activity.
- Y. Hochberg, Y. Kahn, M. Lisanti, C. Tully, K. Zurek, "Directional Detection of Dark Matter with 2D Targets," Submitted for publication.
- M. Lisanti, S. Mishra-Sharma, L. Necib, B. Safdi, "Deciphering Contributions to the Extragalactic Gamma-Ray Background from 2 GeV to 2 TeV, " Ap. J. 832, 117 (2016).
- M. Lisanti, "Lectures on Dark Matter Physics," TASI Proceedings.
- S. Lee, M. Lisanti, S. Mishra-Sharma, and B. Safdi, "Modulation Effects in Dark Matter-Electron Scattering Experiments," Phys. Rev. D92, 083517 (2015).
- S. Lee, M. Lisanti, B. Safdi, T. Slatyer, and W. Xue, Evidence for Unresolved Gamma-Ray Point Sources in the Inner Galaxy, Phys. Rev. Lett. 116, 051103 (2016).
- T. Cohen, M. Lisanti, and H. K. Lou, Semivisible Jets: Dark Matter Undercover at the LHC, Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 171804 (2015).
- S. Lee, M. Lisanti, and B. Safdi, Distinguishing Dark Matter from Unresolved Point Sources in the Inner Galaxy with Photon Statistics, JCAP 1505, 056 (2015).
- B. Safdi, M. Lisanti, J. Spitz, and J. Formaggio, Annual Modulation of Cosmic Relic Neutrinos, Phys. Rev. D 90, 043001 (2014).
S. Lee, M. Lisanti, A. Peter, and B. Safdi, Effect of Gravitational Focusing on Annual Modulation in Dark-Matter Direct-Detection Experiments, Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 011301 (2014).
S. Lee, M. Lisanti, and B. Safdi, Dark-Matter Harmonics Beyond Annual Modulation, JCAP 1311, 033 (2013).
T. Cohen, M. Lisanti, A. Pierce, and T. Slatyer, Wino Dark Matter Under Siege, JCAP 1310, 061 (2013).
M. Kuhlen, M. Lisanti, and D. Spergel, Direct Detection of Dark Matter Debris Flows, Phys. Rev. D 86, 063505 (2012).
M. Lisanti and D. Spergel, Dark Matter Debris Flows in the Milky Way, Phys. Dark Univ. 1, 155 (2012).
J. Alwall, M-P. Le, M. Lisanti, and J. Wacker, Model-Independent Jets plus Missing Energy Searches, Phys. Rev. D 79, 015005 (2009).
J. Alwall, M-P. Le, M. Lisanti, and J. Wacker, Searching for Directly Decaying Gluinos at the Tevatron, Phys. Lett. B 666, 34 (2008).