Guidelines for Physics Department Safety Wear Purchases
- Physics staff employed to work in areas that require wearing safety, steel-toed shoes and/or safety glasses are eligible for new equipment once each fiscal year, after an approximate 12-month interval.
- Please select the product you wish to purchase and submit a request via the PPP.
- Shoes: $100.00/annual allowance
- Prescription Eyewear: $300.00/annual allowance
- If the item exceeds the allowance, you will be responsible for reimbursing the department for the difference in price.
- Employees are strongly discouraged from buying these items on their own and then seeking reimbursement. Reminder that we are a tax-exempt organization and sales tax paid will not be reimbursed.
- Safety wear purchases are logged.